Hearing loss is usually a slow process, making it easy to disregard the subtle changes in your ability to perceive sounds. Although children are regularly tested, most adults don’t even think about scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. You wouldn’t ignore a decline in your vision, so why wouldn’t you monitor the health of your hearing?
Here are 6 reasons to have your hearing tested regularly:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing problems can be exposed by everyday situations. Do you regularly need people to repeat what they said? Do you have a difficult time hearing in loud settings? Are you continually cranking up the volume on your TV? It’s time for you to get your hearing tested if you replied yes to the majority of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: Until you turn 50, you should get a hearing test every 10 years and every 3 years after that, according to the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Family History Matters: If other members of your family have hearing issues, this is an excellent reason to schedule a hearing test with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: We will use baselines, which will give a reference frame for further comparison to track changes to your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Routine hearing exams can identify issues early on, such as earwax accumulation or noise-induced hearing loss, allowing for prompt intervention and preventing additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Underlying medical disorders, including kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can sometimes be revealed by hearing loss. If you do have one of these disorders, treating it may help your hearing.
Your physical safety, emotional well-being, and social life are some of the far-reaching consequences of neglected hearing loss. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and general quality of life, allowing you to fully engage in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and remain alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on important work meetings, your grandchildren’s laughter, or a loved one’s voice.
Protect your hearing and keep enjoying the sounds of your life by making an appointment for a hearing examination with us right away.